Recruit, hire, train and help retain qualified staff for Tribal Government operations. As well as provide personnel services that meet departmental needs in a manner consistent with North Fork Rancheria priorities and Native Preference goals.
Those applying for all positions must possess a valid California Driver's License and successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background investigation. All applicants must have the ability to work with people from diverse cultures, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds and must always maintain cultural sensitivity. Indian Preference applies to those who are qualified. EOE. Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace. All employment is “at-will”. For an Application Package, contact the NFR Administrative Offices at (559) 877-2461, toll-free at (866) 291-9909, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org . A PDF version is available by e-mail.
Tribal TANF Program Assistant - COASTAL
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$33,394 - $48,385
- Posted Date:06/18/2018
Job Title: Tribal TANF Program Assistant
Salary Range: G5 – G6 2018 RUS $33,394 - $48,385 Monterey, San Benito, San Luis Obispo CountiesDepartment: Temporary Assistance to Needy Families Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: TANF Program Supervisor
Under supervision from the designated supervisor, the Program Assistant will provide general clerical support for the staff and services of the Tribal TANF Program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Greeting and welcoming all visitors and families to the Tribal TANF office directing them to the appropriate individuals or departments in a professional and courteous manner.
- Answering the phone in a professional manner, directing calls to the appropriate staff and/or their voice mail, transcribing and routing messages as necessary, and opening and distributing incoming mail.
- Providing client families and other members of the community with referrals, information or assistance relating to social services.
- Assists in creating files and maintains records of contacts. Completes and reviews basic computer documents. May input and extract data from electronic information system equipment.
- Assist program staff in routine clerical tasks such as, scheduling appointments, photocopying, and inter-office delivery, sorting, labeling, and processing various types of mailings, filing, data entry, and word processing tasks.
- Maintain inventory and order office supplies.
- Route documents to the appropriate support department, including the Government Office, Fiscal or Human Resources as necessary.
- Ensure the client reception and general office areas are orderly requesting maintenance/custodial services for the department as required.
- Assists with scheduling of program activities and compiling participant lists for a variety of programs and activities.
- Prepare basic reports and documents as directed by management.
- Prepare and maintain program budgets, enrollment documents or compile data measurements.
- Assist staff with activities, events or workshops.
- Assist in the development of calendars, newsletters, logs and publications.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Operate general office equipment, including:copier, scanner, fax, printer, desktop or laptop computer and peripherals, demonstrating proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Publisher.After proper training, develop proficiency in the client database program and other regularly used programs or software.
• Prepare, clear, concise and accurate correspondences and notes.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, including proper grammar and language usage.
• Research internet and other resources for referral to other public and social service programs and related resources.
• Establish and maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with clients, other staff and personnel from outside agencies.
- Read and interpret documents and a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form, such as memoranda, operational instructions, and policy and procedure manuals.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide in various units of measure.
- Work with people from diverse cultures, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds with knowledge of the Indian community demonstrating sensitivity to needs of Indian communities.
Training and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED equivalent and two years administrative or clerical experience; or a combination of education and experience.
Possession of a valid and current California Driver's License. The incumbent must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening, a criminal background investigation. The individual must have the ability to work with people from diverse cultures, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds with knowledge of Indian communities and possess sensitivity to Indian needs.
Incumbent must be able to respect and adhere to the most rigid and strict rules of employer/tribal member/public citizen practice of confidentiality. Violation of this major employment requirement could lead to immediate dismissal.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Work is performed in an office; continuous contact with staff and the public. Work conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Long periods of sitting, some bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, twisting, or any combination of. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NFRTT complies with the Indian Preference Act. Preference in hiring is given to qualified Native Americans in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Section 472 and 473). Subject to, but not in derivation of the Act, we are an equal opportunity employer. Thank you for your interest in the North Fork Rancheria.