Recruit, hire, train and help retain qualified staff for Tribal Government operations. As well as provide personnel services that meet departmental needs in a manner consistent with North Fork Rancheria priorities and Native Preference goals.
Those applying for all positions must possess a valid California Driver's License and successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background investigation. All applicants must have the ability to work with people from diverse cultures, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds and must always maintain cultural sensitivity. Indian Preference applies to those who are qualified. EOE. Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace. All employment is “at-will”. For an Application Package, contact the NFR Administrative Offices at (559) 877-2461, toll-free at (866) 291-9909, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org . A PDF version is available by e-mail.
CIMC Elders Program Kitchen Helper
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:10.50/hour - 9 hours per week
- Posted Date:05/07/2018
The CIMC Elders Program Kitchen Helper will be responsible for assisting the CIMC Elders Program Cook with the preparation of meals for participating seniors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Set-up and disassemble tables; clean up, including mopping floors.
- Set tables with clean linens, condiments, and other supplies.
- Clean up kitchen and serving site after each meal.
- Receive, pack and unpack goods for stocking purposes.
- Food prep, such as washing and chopping ingredients to be used in various recipes.
- Assist with preparing meals in accordance with the established menu.
- Assist with the serving of the food.
- Fill beverages and ice dispensers.
- Assist with maintaining inventory of food, paper, and other supplies needed by the CIMC Elders Program.
- Maintain and organize safe work areas.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of cooking and food preparation techniques; knowledge of types and uses of various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Good knowledge of kitchen safety and sanitation standards.
- Ability to cook for a large number of people.
- Participant will take the ServSafe Starters Online Training. (This will be paid by the program.)
- The Participant shall receive safety training on the first day of work. Safety training shall be provided by the worksite on the use of any tools and equipment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Six (6) months of previous related work experience demonstrating the knowledge and abilities described in the essential job functions; and a high school diploma or equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The individual must be able to respect and adhere to the most rigid and strict rules of employer/tribal citizen/public citizen practice of confidentiality. Violation of this major employment requirement could lead to immediate dismissal.
Individual must possess and maintain a valid California Driver’s License and must be capable of passing a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background investigation. The individual must have the ability to work with people from diverse cultures, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds and possess a basic knowledge of Native American communities and always maintain cultural sensitivity. Indian Preference applies to those who are qualified.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires standing, walking, climbing stairs, and manual dexterity. Requires lifting and carrying materials weighing twenty-five or more pounds.
NFR complies with the Indian Preference Act. Preference in hiring is given to qualified Native Americans in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Section 472 and 473). Subject to, but not in derivation of the Act, we are an equal opportunity employer.